Read this guide to learn how you can easily upgrade JioFi firmware to the latest version. Upgrade JioFi Device firmware for free without any hassle.
To upgrade JioFi firmware of your router, you will be able to make use of some new features and also, attain stability in the Internet speed. The current JioFi firmware version of JioFi routers (which is PEG_M2_B20) faces a lot of trouble while functioning.
A firmware update in the JioFi routers will fix the low Internet speed problem by increasing the Internet speed considerably. Some other issues such as no option to enter the DNS address manually and overheating of the routers when used and charged simultaneously can be solved.
Recommended Read: Buy JioFi Routers Online (Best Deals on JioFi M2, JioFi 2 and JioFi 3)
Note: Before you update the JioFi routers to their latest firmware, you need to have the following things ready.
- The most recent variant of JioFi firmware.
- JioFi router’s battery must be in 100% charge.
- Factory defaults logins.
Must Read: How to Fix JioTV Not Working Issue
How to upgrade JioFi Firmware to Latest Version
Now you can follow the step by step guide below.
- Turn on your JioFi router and establish a connection between your PC and the JioFi WiFi network.
- Login to the Admin panel by using the following link ‘http://jiofi.local.html/index.html‘ and enter the valid username and password to log in.
- Once you log in, select ‘Setting’ tab then, then click ‘firmware Upgrade’ from the menu.
- Check for the installed JioFu 2/3 firmware version beneath ‘Device Software Version’ field.
- Then, click ‘Browse’ option under ‘Software Upgrade’ field and select the location where JioFi firmware is available and select it.
- Once you have selected the firmware, click on the ‘Apply’ option to initiate the firmware upgrade.
- Now, have patience since this process is time-consuming. Once updated, the JioFi router will reboot automatically.
- Finally, hard reset your JioFi router to restore the factory default settings.
- Now, you can connect your PC/mobile to the updated JioFi router.
Recommended Read: How to Increase JioFi Slow Internet Speed (3 Best Tips and Tricks)
Since you restored the factory default settings, you will need factory default logins. This is to access the admin panel for the first time after you got your JioFI router reset. You can change them once you have logged in using the default logins.
If you have executed all the above steps carefully, you will have successfully upgraded the firmware of your JioFi router to the latest version.